Wednesday 8 February 2012

Uncut Magazine 53: 18-Track Guide To The Month's Best Music - October 2001


UNCUT UG-34 40: 18 Track Guide To The Month's Best Music - October 2001

1. The Clean - Stars
2. Tom McRae - 2nd Law
3. Clem Snide - Moment In The Sun
4. Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Let Those Blue Skies
5. Spearmint - Scottish Pop
6. Gemma Hayes - Gotta Low
7. Tahiti 80 - A Love From Outta Space
8. Howie Beck - Baby Plays Around On Me
9. T Rex - Life's A Gas
10. Thalia Zedek - Treacherous Thing
11. The Human League - All I Ever Wanted
12. Peter Case & Dave Alvin - Monday Morning Blues
13. The Kingsbury Manx - Baby You're A Dead Man
14. The Upsetters - Return Of Django
15. Lincoln - Little Mistakes
16. Luke Haines - Discomania
17. Paul Burch & The WPA Ballclub - Hitting Bottom
18. Bill Hicks - Good Times On Drugs

"This one is for: Larry Adler, Joe Henderson, Harold Land, Dorothy Tutin and John Walters."

Artwork By (Design) - Kerrin Hands
Compilation Producer - Andrew Tidbell, Mick Meikleham
Compiled By - Allan Jones, Roy Carr
Mastered By (Mastering Engineer)  - Andrew Thompson

Format: mp3 @ 320kbps 
Link in Comments

2 comments:

  1. My very first Uncut CD with my first issue that I brought after being put onto it by a friend.
    The first surprise was the opening track by an old New Zealand band, The Clean, whom I didn't know were still putting out music and even better were still putting out quite good music. Some other highlights are Gemma Hayes and Lincon, introducing me to Uncuts take on Americana and the Human league track is pretty dam good, I was into them way back when they put out the "Dare" Album. T-Rex is always good The rest is is interesting and enjoyable with nothing that I took a dislike to.

    I am also re reading through my collection of back issues of Uncut and listening to any albums reviewed or artists written about, that I have on CD or on my hard drive and also checking out some of the movies referenced in each issue, so check out my short pieces on what's in this particular issue of Uncut over at Blogroddus:

    http://roddus.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/uncut-magazine-take-53-october-2001.html

    ReplyDelete