Thursday 9 February 2012

Uncut Magazine 56: Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones Vol 1 - January 2002


UNCUT RSC 2001-01: Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones Vol 1 - January 2002

"17 Amazing Covers Of Classic Songs By The Rolling Stones"

1. Laibach - Sympathy For The Devil
2. Chelsea - Street Fighting Man
3. Come - I Got The Blues
4. Alejandro Escovedo - Sway
5. The Blind Boys Of Alabama - I Just Want To See His Face
6. The Handsome Family - Faraway Eyes
7. Johnny Winter - Jumpin' Jack Flash
8. Cat Power - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
9. Diesel Park West - Tumbling Dice
10. Johnny Dowd - Mother's Little Helper (remix)
11. Tom Jones - Honky Tonk Woman
12. Silver Jews - Cocksucker Blues
13. Chris Farlowe - Ride On Baby
14. Johnny Thunders - Play With Fire
15. Luther Allison - You Can't Always Get What You Want
16. Hawkwind - Gimme Shelter
17. Ryan Adams & Beth Orton - Brown Sugar


Artwork By (Design) - Kerrin Hands
Compilation Producer - Andrew Tidbell, Mick Meikleham
Compiled By - Allan Jones, Roy Carr
Mastered By (Mastering Engineer)  - Andrew Thompson  
Format: mp3 @ 320kbps 
Link in Comments

13 comments:

  1. Just found this page which could be useful

    http://rateyourmusic.com/label/uncut_magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a good resource. I also refer to http://www.discogs.com/search?q=Uncut+Magazine&btn=&type=all as it has pre scanned covers which can be handy. It's been essential with my research into missing albums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just figured out I don't got this one, I got Vol 2 though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't say yet as i have only just realised I don't got it so just downloaded it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard the Ryan Adams and Beth Orton version of Brown Sugar tonight and was very impressed, but of course Ryan is god of Alt country. Best Stones cover since Devo did Satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a huge Adams fan. I've seen him live in New York and London a few times, including a great acoustic gig for his Heartbreaker album back in 2000. That was an amazing show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adams is near the top of my list to see live, along with John Zorn's Masada. Ryan has played in Auckland I think but never down here and I can't afford to travel to Auckland for concerts, although I'd probably morgage the house to see Masada but it is unlikely Zorn will ever play in New Zealand.

      Delete
  7. any new comments to >gimme shelter vol. 1<?
    as of march, 24th, it's "offline"...
    thanx from spain for this online labour of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird that you're seeing 'offline'. I tried the link again and it seems fine. Give it another try. Some of these older posts are with File Factory and I want to re-up them with Crocko links. I'm working through them so will try to get a new link up for this soon.

      Delete
    2. hi, UC; thanx for your prompt reply; I quit jD and started all over again; I tried at least six more times and it still says "100.00 % offline"; then I tried CHROME and that did the trick; so thanks and I'm off to give a listen ;)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete